Jones, who ruled Sydney's airwaves for 35 years, has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent, eight of which relate to the former radio station staffer.
The staffer was 18 years old when he met Jones and claims the radio king Jones repeatedly kissed him without consent in a lift at his home and workplace and groped him in a car and at an event.
He was cross-examined on Tuesday about texts he sent to the veteran broadcaster after the alleged indecent assaults, some of which expressed love for Jones and some of which he instigated.
The former radio station staffer denied his messages were at odds with allegations of being repeatedly indecently assaulted by Jones over five months when they worked together.
"These messages are consistent with someone who had been groomed for 10 years to think that was an acceptable way to talk to him," he told the court.
The former radio station staffer denied lying about the alleged indecent assaults more than a dozen times during an at-times terse cross-examination.
He became frustrated when Jones's lawyer Gabrielle Bashir SC suggested he hated reading the messages because they painted his allegations as "fabrications".
"I don't like hearing a bloke, 40 years older, writing to a straight guy, talking about wanting to play with his penis. Get real," he said before apologising.
The former radio station staffer is one of six men who allege Jones kissed, groped or subjected them to sexual misconduct between 2003 and 2020 across Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands.
None of the 22 charges alleges grooming.
In one text to Jones, the former staffer said he was a bachelor again and referenced his genitals with a nickname they both used.
"Do you accept this is regular banter?" Ms Bashir asked.
"Banter is a loose word," the former radio station staffer replied.
"I sent that because I knew he would like it."
He said he wouldn't describe the message as "titillating", maintaining he felt like it was a way of "currying favour" with Jones.
He told the court he felt pressured to continue to engage with the former Wallabies coach and conservative commentator because Jones was "the most powerful person in Australia" at the time.
The alleged victim testified he was intimidated by Jones and scared of what he might do if he didn't get the responses he sought.
The man accepted that he had been untruthful in communications with Jones but maintained it was how he felt he needed to talk to him at the time.
"You were prepared to lie to Alan Jones, weren't you?" Ms Bashir asked.
"If it kept him on side, yes I spoke to him in a way that was untrue," he replied.
He testified on Monday to reporting the abuse to fellow 2GB host Ray Hadley, only to swear Jones's on-air rival to secrecy.
Hadley put the staffer in touch with journalist Peter FitzSimons, who was researching similar allegations about Jones, the court was told.
The former radio station staffer said he wanted FitzSimons to know that it had happened to him but he refused to go on the record.
Ms Bashir has accused the former staffer of rewriting history.
The 22 offences against six men are alleged to have occurred during the latter part of Jones's 35-year broadcasting career, when he dominated Sydney's airwaves.
He also broadcast to a national audience for years as a regular commentator on Nine's Today show and a host of a political discussion show on Sky News.
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028