News

Fire melts meter box in Toc.

by
July 05, 2017

Firefighters were called to a fire at a Hennessy St property in Tocumwal on Friday evening.

Six firefighters from Tocumwal Fire and Rescue responded to the call about 8pm after a home’s meter box caught fire, according to brigade Captain Ian Desailly.

‘‘When we arrived the meter box had melted and dropped to the ground,’’ Capt Desailly said.

‘‘However, we extinguished it immediately and there was minimal damage.’’

Firefighters left the scene about 10pm after Essential Energy cut off the power to the property.

By
More in Southern Riverina News
Login Sign Up

Dummy text